We invite you to call or email our office to learn more about The Siena School. You can also get to know Siena by exploring this website, viewing the online viewbook, and following us on Facebook and Twitter. To request more information, click here. A Siena representative will follow up with you as soon as possible.
The best way to understand Siena is to see it in action and interact with our students and faculty. Parent/Guardians are encouraged to visit Siena for a tour of the facility. We offer small group tours each Wednesday at 9:30am, and can arrange individual tours at other times if desired. Please contact the admissions office to schedule a visit at (301) 244-3600 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to request a tour.
- Online Application
Siena's application is available online. Please click the link to reach the online forms. Online Application Download the application checklist as a helpful tool to complete the application.
In addition to the online application itself, a complete submission includes:
- A full psycho-educational evaluation and report completed within the last two years, including:
- Cognitive assessment on the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV, WISC- V) Young adults (WAIS- IV); and
- Achievement/academic assessment on the Woodcock Johnson III (WJ-III, WJ IV),Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT-III) or similar, including reading, math and written language. Completed or updated within last 12 months.
- Other available testing or evaluations (Speech/Language, OT, etc.)
- Two (2) teacher evaluations
- Current school records and transcripts
- Other available information such as IEP's, tutor reports, etc.
- Financial aid application (if applicable)
- A non-refundable $110 application fee
If testing or other materials are pending, please contact the admissions office to notify them of the timeline. We can provide referrals for testing and evaluation professionals upon request. We can only review an application once all materials and forms have been submitted.
We will begin reviewing individual applications as soon as all elements of the application package are received. After the review, the committee will make a decision regarding student visits. Not all applicants are invited to visit for two full school days. For best consideration, please submit application packages by January 19th. After this deadline, we will continue to review applications received, either for remaining spaces or for placement on the waiting list. It is best to contact the admissions office regarding available space after the deadline.
- Student visit (2 days)
After reviewing the completed application, we will contact you to schedule a student visit if we believe your child may be well served by our program. During this two-day visit, the applicant will participate with other students in a classroom setting during normal school hours. Students will also participate in three assessments during their visit: reading, writing and math. Additional information will be provided to the family when the visit is scheduled.
Parent interview (optional)
In certain circumstances, we may request that the parents visit with Siena staff to discuss the child's application, testing and learning needs in more detail.
- Decision notification
We seek to provide notification of student visits, admissions and financial aid decisions on a timely basis once a completed application, including all supporting materials, has been received. The common notification date for acceptance is March 2nd.