Empowering students with language-based learning differences
Hyflex Learning at Siena
Siena's Mission Driven Reopening Plan
Last updated: 3/4/2021
At Siena, we have taken an extremely cautious approach to re-opening for inbuilding instruction. Our understanding of COVID-19 is greatly advanced compared to even a few months ago and research, as well as the success of area independent schools, demonstrates that with an emphasis on safety protocols (e.g., masks, physical distancing, and hand washing) schools can re-open.
Decisions have been informed by:
- Ongoing review of available data, research, and publications on schools
- Numerous conversations with local and national independent school leaders
- Extensive discussions with our consulting epidemiologist
- Significant input from the Siena COVID committee, including several faculty
- Individual discussions with each member of Siena’s faculty and staff.
We are now planning for the first day for in-building instruction to be Tuesday, February 16th.
Please understand that everyone in the Siena community—teachers, students, parents, and others—is responsible for our collective health and safety. Healthy practices such as mask-wearing and physical distancing don’t stop at the end of the school day. We are relying on the entire school community to begin (and then continue) in-person instruction and other activities safely. All community members are expected to comply with State and local laws and health orders. As always, we will continue to monitor the situation and may adjust this plan if necessary.
We look forward to seeing the students on-campus soon!
See here for our HyFlex Inclement Weather Policy.
We are asking our entire community to sign the Community Pledge and keep our community safe.