Empowering students with language-based learning differences
How to Apply
Applying to Siena
Applications due- January 14th, 2022- Silver Spring
January 21st, 2022 - Northern Virginia
After this deadline, we will continue to review applications received, either for remaining spaces or for placement in the waiting pool. It is best to contact the admission office regarding available space after the deadline.
We are conducting virtual parent tours at this time.
Siena's application is available online. Please click the link to reach the online forms. Download the application checklist as a helpful tool to complete the application.
- A full psycho-educational evaluation and report completed within the last two years, including:
- Cognitive assessment on the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V) Young adults (WAIS); and
- Achievement/academic assessment on the Woodcock-Johnson IV (WJ), Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT) or similar, including reading, math, and written language. Completed or updated within the last 12 months.
- Other available testing or evaluations, if applicable (Speech/Language, OT, etc.)
- Two (2) teacher evaluations- sent electronically within the online application
- Current school records and transcripts; electronic documents are preferred sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other available information such as IEP's, tutor reports, etc., if applicable
- Financial aid application (if applicable)
- A non-refundable $110 application fee
Service Provider Release Form: Please present this completed form to any related service provider that may be working with your student, for example - tutor, SLP, OT, or psychologist.
It is the responsibility of the parent(s)/guardian(s) to ensure that the evaluations and records necessary to complete the admission process are sent to The Siena School by the application deadline of January 14th (Silver Spring) and January 21st (Northern Virginia). After this deadline, we will continue to review applications received, either for remaining spaces or for placement in the waiting pool. It is best to contact the admission office regarding available space after the deadline.
We will begin reviewing individual applications as soon as all elements of the application package are received. After the review, the committee will make a decision regarding student visits. Not all applicants are invited to visit for two full school days. For best consideration, please submit application packages by January 14th (Silver Spring) or January 21st (Northern Virginia). After this deadline, we will continue to review applications received, either for remaining spaces or for placement in the waiting pool. It is best to contact the admission office regarding available space after the deadline.
After reviewing the completed application, we will contact you to schedule a student visit if we believe your child may be well served by our program. During the visit, the applicant will possibly participate in assessments: reading, writing, and math. If completing a virtual visit, the student will also have an opportunity to meet with students in a virtual meet-up. Additional information will be provided to the family when the visit is scheduled.
In certain circumstances, we may request that the parents visit with Siena staff to discuss the child's application, testing, and learning needs in more detail.
We seek to provide notification of student visits, admissions, and financial aid decisions on a timely basis once a completed application, including all supporting materials, has been received. The notification date for acceptance is February 25th (Silver Spring) or March 4th (Northern Virginia). Once this date has passed, Siena will work individually with families on a rolling acceptance basis.
Important Application Deadlines
- Silver Spring: January 14th
- Northern Virginia: January 21st
Financial aid deadline for new families: January 31st
- Silver Spring: February 25th
- Northern Virginia: March 4th
Rolling admission after February 25 or March 4th if space is available