Empowering students with language-based learning differences grades 4-12
THE SIENA PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION (SPA)
The Siena Parents’ Association (SPA) is an integral part of our vibrant school community. The goal of the SPA is to build a strong sense of community among students, parents/legal guardians and staff in support of Siena’s mission and objectives. In order to accomplish this goal, the SPA identifies areas where parents can work together to become a valuable resource for Siena. Each parent or guardian is a member of the SPA and may participate in its programs and activities. There will be information on the positions and activities available for the year and a sign-up sheet at Back to School Night.
The SPA is a service entity and does not make policy decisions relating to Siena. However, parents/legal guardians provide input and ideas via the SPA that help achieve Siena’s mission and objectives.
SPA meetings will occur monthly at 7:00pm and last approximately 1.5 hours. Childcare is often available for these meetings.
There are ample opportunities for parents to participate in the school community. Examples include:
- Attending SPA meetings, accepting a volunteer role;
- Assisting admissions; for example, calling prospective families, or hosting a parent breakfast;
- Assisting with school events such as the October Siena Celebration;
- Organizing family social events;
- Assisting with mailings;
- Being a class speaker, providing internships, etc.;
- Donating to The Siena School Scholarship Fund; and
- Spreading the word about Siena!
SIENA'S SOCIAL MEDIA
Follow and engage with us on our social media platforms!
Getting Ready for the School Year