Empowering students with language-based learning differences grades 4-12
Employment at Siena
The Siena School is always interested in speaking with highly qualified teachers, staff and administrators that share our passion for teaching children with different learning styles. While we may not always have a position available, we are happy to learn more about your interests and keep your information on file. Given our continuing growth, it is likely that we may have a position of interest available in the future.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The Siena School, grades 4-12, is entering its 14th year, with an expanding enrollment. The school serves bright college-bound students with mild to moderate language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia. Experience working with students with learning differences preferred. The school is seeking to fill the following positions:
Development and Communications Specialist
- Support the school’s mission, by building and maintaining relationships with individuals and organizations
- Create and plan programs that engage and support the community, serving as the school’s liaison with community members
- Represent and promote the school at internal and external events
- Work with, develop programs for, and enhance communication with a variety of stakeholders including students, faculty, staff and families
- Oversee The Siena School Scholarship Fund
- Develop and implement strategies for alumni engagement with the school
- Provide teacher/staff recruitment support
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively manage relationships with a wide variety of community members, internal and external, including students, faculty, staff, families and professionals
- Demonstrated aptitude in working with diverse community groups
- Demonstrate strong technology skills
- Strong communications and people-managing skills, organizational aptitude and the ability to educate and inspire people to take part in joint school and community events
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively, exercise independent judgment and creativity, organize work, set priorities, and maintain effective follow-through to meet deadlines
- High degree of creativity and initiative while upholding the Siena brand and standards
- Involves some evening and weekend work
The school is seeking an apprentice teacher. The apprentice teacher position combines the candidate’s area of interest with one of two classes that have need for additional support. Hours are 10am-6pm, to include after-school homework help. Professional development and mentoring opportunities are provided and are integral to this position.
The Siena School is seeking an after-school support position. This position pays $20 per hour and works weekdays from 3:30-6:00pm.
Substitute Teacher Position
The Siena School seeks substitute teachers to assist with daily teaching requirements on an as-needed basis. The school serves bright college-bound students with mild to moderate language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia. Experience working with students with learning differences preferred.